Linda,

What Glenn said is still worth understanding and taking seriously.  The police
it seems won't act to assist you if someone to whom you at any point gave
permission to stay - refuses to leave your house, and already has some things
there, or if they get mail, or exhibit some / any level of residency - even if
they are damaging things on purpose (probably it must be under ~$5,000 worth to
avoid prosecution), seriously jeopardizing the property with negligence etc.,
costing you scads of dollars in utilities, etc., etc., etc.

You will be told by the police that you need to apply to Landlord Tenant Court
at 34 S. 11th St., and will probably then be told you need an L & I license,
and will then probably have to wait months (often many long months)...  judges
are almost unavailable... and by the time the Sheriff acts you could be robbed
blind...

Trust me, it happened to me.

It is like one of the worst parts of Dr. Zhivago, without having the good
parts.

Rick