-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Santoro eric.scott.sant...@gmail.com [SHCA]
<shca-nore...@yahoogroups.com>
To: SHCA <s...@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Thu, May 11, 2017 9:48 pm
Subject: May Fair is CANCELED due to severe weather forecasts . . . but ALL are
invited the SHCA Center for a $1 book sale and refreshments

Dear Neighbors,
We really regret to inform you thatdue to the severe weather reports this
weekend,  the 2017 Spruce Hill Community Association May Fair has beenCANCELED.
 This was an extremely difficult decision for us, as May Fair is our flagship
annual event and our only fundraiser.  The entire SHCA Board regrets that we
are unable to host this wonderful annual tradition in 2017!

While we are severelydisappointed by this development, we do have several other
excitingannouncements. . . .

First,our annual $1 books sale will continue! While we will not be in Clark
Park on Saturday, we will have an OpenHouse at the Spruce Hill Community
Association center at 257 South 45thStreet this Saturday from 10:00 - 4:00.
100s of new and used books of all genres will beavailable for $1 or less; food
and beverages will be served; raffle tickets willbe sold; and we are hoping to
(maybe) even have some live music.  EVERYONE IS ENCOURAGED TO COME BY!

Second, as is alluded to above, the May Fair raffle drawing will still happen .
. . just a little bit later.   SHCA will have a table at the June 14th
Baltimore Ave Dollar Stroll and will draw the prizes that evening.   Tickets
can still be purchased online at http://www.sprucehillca.org/, and will be sold
at the Center this weekend.   There are lots of great prizes from local
merchants (and buying tickets helps offset our losses for having to cancel the
Fair).

And third, SHCA is very proud to announce that our neighborhood will be hosting
the June 28th Night Market, which will also be the first event of this year's
Welcome America Celebration.  So our neighborhood will literally be on center
stage, city-wide as the city gets ready to celebrate the 4th of July!  The
Night Market will be on Walnut St from 38th to 45th streets.   More information
to follow.  If you are unfamiliar with the concept of a Night Market, you can
read about it Here.

With best regards,
The Spruce Hill Community Association  Board of Directors

Spruce Hill Community Association: sprucehillca.org
Email List:  s...@yahoogroups.com
Facebook:  facebook.com/sprucehillca

         Posted by: Eric Santoro <eric.scott.sant...@gmail.com>

        VISIT YOUR GROUP