Thanks a lot Jen, I'll take a look at it this weekend!

On Feb 15, 2008 9:20 AM, Jen Bourey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I've mavenized our code and dropped it into
> https://www.ja-sig.org/svn/sandbox/WeatherPortlet/branches/yale-yahoo.
> It's not very well commented, but it should build and run under both up2.6and
> 3, and I'm more than happy to answer any questions that come up.  If any
> of it proves useful as an example or otherwise, that's great, and if not,
> that's OK too.  I've enjoyed using jaxb and I think I'd encourage it's use
> with AccuWeather.
>
> I did strip out the part that generates the current conditions tooltip,
> since other people may be using a different version of dojo in the portal,
> or might not be using dojo at all.
>
> - Jen
>

> On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 5:15 PM, Dustin S. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Jen,
> >
> > Is the the source of your portlet available anywhere? Would you mind
> > committing it to a branch in /sandbox/WeatherPortlet ...? I'm sure this
> > could be useful for development.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Dustin.
> >
> > On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 9:46 AM, Jen Bourey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > This looks fantastic!
> > >
> > > At Yale we have a Spring PortletMVC weather portlet that uses JAXB to
> > > unmarshall the Yahoo weather service feeds, then displays the data in a
> > > JSP
> > > page.  I wanted to use the XML data rather that just display the html in
> > > the
> > > RSS feed, since it would give us better control over the presentation, as
> > > well as the ability to display more data.  We've been pretty happy with
> > > that
> > > approach so far, but Yahoo doesn't provide a good way to get locations for
> > > international locations, and I know AccuWeather has access to even more
> > > data.  I think it would be pretty simple to use a similar approach to
> > > display the data from the AccuWeather service if we wanted.
> > >
> > > Screenshots of the current Yale portlet are here:
> > > http://tp.its.yale.edu/confluence/display/YIP/Weather+Portlet.
> > >
> > > - Jen
> > >

> --
> You are currently subscribed to uportal-dev@lists.ja-sig.org as: [EMAIL
> PROTECTED]

Join your friends and colleagues at JA-SIG 2008 - "Higher Education Solutions:
The Community Source Way!"
April 27th - 30th, 2008 in St. Paul, Minnesota USA

Featuring CAS, DSpace, Fedora, Fluid, Internet2, Kuali, Sakai, uPortal, and
more!
Information/Registration at:
http://www.ja-sig.org/conferences/08spring/index.html