That would be good to see and similar to what we'd likely be doing. The change is really just in the URL processing code to look for parameters in a different URL format, the processing pipeline code would likely not change much and still just work off the existing structure and theme parameters.

-Eric

Drew Wills wrote:
Eric Dalquist wrote:
Lets see if I can answer some of these questions.

For 'better URLs':
- To get this nicer IDs I was planning on building on the work that was done to allow named access to tabs via a fname like attribute. This protects the URL from having to deal with full tab names which may contain multi-byte characters and may not be unique for a user.

FYI, we recently enhanced this capability by adding a servlet filter that could take a URL like...

  https://my.portal.edu/myStuff.tab

and set up the appropriate request parameters before passing control down the filter chain.

I'm sure JHU will be eager to share and collaborate on this part of the picture as well, if others are interested in supporting prettier URLs in this way.

drew wills