+1 as well.

If we can perhaps get this switch done by the end of next week I could get a 3.2.0-M1 release and quickstart (before I disappear into a 3 week vacation in June) to give people a chance to play with the new portlet manager and provide feedback.

-Eric

Cris J Holdorph wrote:
+1 for removing the old CChannelManager and switching over to the new one in trunk.

I don't say this lightly either. I know there is some risk here, but I think this is a HUGE improvement and is worth the risk.

---- Cris J H

Jen Bourey wrote:
Hi all,

The new Portlet Administration Portlet described by JIRA entry UP-2047 is now in the trunk, and I believe we've updated it to include all features currently available in CChannelManager. I would like to be able to switch the admin link in the layout over to use this new portlet. Does anyone have an objection to making this new portlet the default portlet administration tool sometime in the near future? Are there features you rely on in CChannelManager that don't appear to be included in the new portlet?

We've also had discussions in the uPortal IRC channel about potentially removing CChannelManager altogether for the 3.2 release. Doing this would allow us to move forward with the proposed portlet workflow lifecycle work without having to worry about its affects on the legacy channel implementation.

- Jen

--
Jen Bourey