The login channel actually just checks a property in security.properties -
there's nothing that's really limited to the channel itself.  If that value
is missing, the channel assumes CAS isn't configured and that it should
display the local login form.

In an effort to maintain backwards compatibility, I merely copied this logic
into a Xalan helper bean.  I agree with you that the overall style of
authentication configuration could use some updates, and it might even make
sense to make that URL a more general "external authentication" URL, since
you might plausibly use Shibboleth or some other non-CAS SSO solution.

If you do decide to configure CAS via JNDI, you should be able to inject
configuration into the Xalan helper bean via the Spring configuration files.

- Jen

Jen Bourey

--
You are currently subscribed to uportal-dev@lists.ja-sig.org as: