I just got off the phone with a representative from Accuweather. They were
generous enough to setup a weather feed specifically for the uPortal
community and that feed has driven the Weather Portlet that is bundled with
uPortal. Unfortunately, they discovered that someone outside higher ed has
gotten a hold of the the uPortal weather feed and has been using it in a
mobile phone app. They have seen a huge spike in traffic on the uportal feed
which violates the terms of use that we were given. They will be shutting it
down immediately. Before you get too upset, they reserved the right in their
terms of use (that is included in the Weather Portlet source distribution)
to discontinue the feed if they deemed necessary.

With that said, they still want to provide a data feed for the uPortal
community. We will just have to go about things differently. We can no
longer publish the data feed url in a publicly available place. I haven't
quite figured out how that will be accomplished and I am open to ideas.

Parker Grimes
Programmer Analyst Supervisor
Information Technology Department
Southern Utah University