Hi uPortal devs,

I found something interesting in the EntityPersonAttributesGroupStore. While
JPA objects are cached, the testing objects instantiated for every PAGS group
test are not. Two different PAGS group definition objects exits per group. To
perform a membership test, the JPA PAGS group definition
(PersonAttributesGroupDefinitionImpl) is obtained, then a new GroupDefinition
object is instantiated, populated with the group definition details from the
JPA object. Then the test groups and subsequently the test objects are
instantiated from corresponding JPA definition objects and added to the
GroupDefinition object. The test is performed and the objects fall out of
scope. These objects are created every time a test is performed.

After adding a cache for  the GroupDefinition objects, I performed a simple
test. Logged in as admin, looked up uses student, staff and admin in the User
Management portlet.  With those few steps, here are the cache stats:

I will be submitting a pull request shortly.

Best,
Benito J. Gonzalez - Unicon
bgonza...@unicon.net <mailto:bgonza...@unicon.net>
480.558.2360