Rather than specifying the org.jasig.portlet:jasig-widget-portlets
artifact (which is the one in Maven Central), you should specify the one
built by the deploy-ear process which is
org.jasig.portal.portlets-overlay:<build version> as built by mvn on
uportal-portlets-overlay/jasig-widgets-portlet/pom.xml, .  See
https://github.com/Jasig/uPortal/blob/uportal-4.2.0/uportal-portlets-overlay/jasig-widget-portlets/pom.xml#L11

and
https://github.com/Jasig/uPortal/blob/uportal-4.2.0/uportal-portlets-overlay/pom.xml#L11.

James Wennmacher - Unicon