On Thu, 2008-10-30 at 20:16 -0700, Garrett Cooper wrote:

> Just doing some more testing and while I understand while this would
> most likely not work, I'm still wondering if it's documented or not:

Assuming that you mean that the environment of the child scripts doesn't
affect the job, that's a simple fact of UNIX - though I'm actually
investigating interesting ways of making it possible ;)

The idea would be that when the pre-start script exits, we pick up the
environment table and add that back to the job -- this may require some
changes to the way init gets child signals or something though.

[pre-stop]
> The more strange issue is that the echo in pre-stop isn't executed --
> is there a known issue with console output and pre-stop / post-stop?

pre-stop is only executed on a stop request, ie. if you issue:

        # stop env_test
        # POST MESS: 0

If your job stops naturally, it is not run, since its primary purpose is
to issue a stop command to the running process or make a decision to
ignore the stop command.

Scott
--
Have you ever, ever felt like this?