A fork by itself doesn't give you a formal release nor someone who cares for it. If you or someone else wants to jump in here at sourceforge to help it, you're welcome. I'd consider that more desirable.

Oh, that was unclear from my side. I meant to say *help here at sourceforge* is more considerable in my opinion, not forking.

A fork does NOT magically

 - bring all documents up to date
 - make a formal release
 - integrate more outstanding patches
 - clean up more outstanding issues
 - improve code quality
 - separate chip data from code
 - separate numerous adapter configs (pinouts) from driver code

All of which is IMHO required for the main branch to live on, wherever it is located.

In the first place, a *person* is needed.

If there was a person with intents to do or steer all the above, and that *person* wants to move the project somewhere, okay. But moving first without anyone who cares better at the destination is no good idea.

Regards,
Kolja