When trying to understand the urjtag program code, I needed to get
definitions of the types used. I many cases typedefs was used for
structs and unions, making it unnessesary hard to the understand the
type. The worst offenders was in include/urjtag/types.h where the
typedefs is in a different file than the actual definition.

Would you accept patches that moves the typedefs close the struct or
union aliased (except for *_bison.[ch] *_flex.h) ?

I.e. instead of

 file include/urjtag/types.h
typedef struct URJ_CABLE urj_cable_t;

 file include/urjtag/cable.h
struct URJ_CABLE
{
};

change it to:

 file include/urjtag/cable.h
typedef
struct URJ_CABLE
{
} urj_cable_t;

or possible

 file include/urjtag/cable.h
typedef struct URJ_CABLE urj_cable_t;
struct URJ_CABLE
{
};

removing the line in types.h, and fixing any missing includes.

///

In most if not all cases, the typedefs are completely unnessary,
and removing them would benefit the understanding of the code.

Regards,
/Karl Hammar