On Wed, Aug 31, 2022 at 08:33:50AM +0200, Geert Stappers wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 13, 2022 at 03:13:27PM +0200, Peter Pöschl wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I have reverse-engineered a jamexp.y from urjtag/src/stapl/jamexp.c.
> > The following patch series will provide this file and the unit tests I
> > wrote
> > to verify the grammar in the file.
> >
> > Patch 1 instruments the existing jamexp.c to report shift/reduce actions.
> > Patch 2 adds files to allow writing unit tests with C TAP Harness [1].
> > Patch 3 adds a unit test program to exercise all productions in the grammar
> >         encoded in the tables of the current jamexp.c.
> > Patch 4 provides the reverse-engineered jamexp.y and another test program
> >         to verify the grammar in jamexp.y with the test vectors introduced
> >         in patch 3.
> >         In jamexp.y I added an Altera copyright header, because the Lexer-
> >         and calculator code is theirs (the headers are reuse [2] compliant).
> >
> > Unfortunately, I have zero experience with Automake, so the integration in
> > the
> > build system is missing. Hopefully somebody from the list will be able to
> > achieve that. Integration hints are in the commit messages of patches 3 and
> > 4.
> >
> > Notes:
> >
> > * jamexp.y currently uses GNU extensions of  the YACC syntax, thus requires
> >   bison.
> >   The reason was to keep the differences between the old jamexp.c and the
> > new
> >   jamexp.y as small as possible.
> >
> > * The ordering of the productions in the grammar is suboptimal (the grammar
> >   would be much clearer if the productions were ordered differently).
> >   The reason is to replicate the production order of the old jamexp.c
> > grammar.
> >
> > * For integration I propose to keep the old jamexp.c and jamytab.h
> >   by moving them to tests/stapl/nongen/. This would allow to run
> >   the test with both the old and new parser.
> >

> I'm gonna review the patches.

Short:  Applied

Long:
- patch 1 and 2 were fine
- patch 3 had two trailing spaces, they are removed
- patch 4 had a trailing space, it is removed
- all applied
- Source Forge is the leading git repository

Something else:

  Those who want the urjtag project moving faster,
  please express yourself.

Regards
Geert Stappers
Not the same person as when he came to this project.
--
Silence is hard to parse