So, I’m trying to set this machine for Android development. I have Android
Studio, I’ve downloaded the needed SDKs and I’ve got the latest OpenJDK which
appears to be jdk16.

Now, when I go and try pressing test on the IDE to test it on the device (which
is authorized and appearing fine as a target and on adb), I get that useless:

“Could not compile service support class”

Which is not only not actionable, but it also can happen for any number of
reasons. After seeing that it is really not clear what the problem is, or how
to solve it.