Klaus, a slightly simpler way is to use the fact the "the customproperties" of an object is an array, so:

put the customproperties of btn "xyz" into tArray
delete variable tArray["propname"]
set the customproperties of btn "xyz" to tArray

Randy, it's worth looking into customPropertySets - "the customproperties" of an object is just the "current" customPopertySet of that object.

Best,

Mark