Steve, you need to specify whether the key is a "password" or a "key"

encrypt myRawData using blowfish with key (theKey)
or
encrypt myRawData using blowfish with password (theKey)

The main difference, as I understand it, is that if you use "key", then the key must be the exact length specified for the used cipher (128 bits, for blowfish), so you probably want to use "password".

The same goes for the decryption as well.

Best,

Mark Smith