You can certainly install the 3.5 cgi engine on on-rev, so a script to check the folder and copy to another server can be run as a cron-job. I don't think libUrl is part of the cgi engine, though I'm pretty sure you could install it with the engine, and "start using" it in your command-line script. Otherwise, curl would probably be the way to go, though there's also the ftp command-line (which I haven't used, so don't know much about).

Best,

Mark