-----------------------

Message: 15
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 18:52:52 -0800
From: Jim Ault <jimaultw...@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Newbie Data Grid question
To: How to use Revolution <use-revolution@lists.runrev.com>
delsp=yes

One valuable technique for understanding the DataGrid inner workings.

In Rev, choose the pointer tool, click on a data grid, then go the
inspector, choose 'custom properties' from the drop down,

and now check out the property sets. You should see dgProps and dgCache
Note all the properties that have been created when the data grid was
created.
Of course you can edit the values here, but you can also change them
in script lines.

One bit of confusion for me is that there is no dgText property set
visible here.  The syntax

set the dgText [ true ] of group "DataGrid"  to tHeaders

would logically mean that there would be a custom property set "dgText"

Interesting if you click on dgProps "row template" you will see:
group id 1011 of card id 1010 of stack "Data Grid Templates
1260751174078"

...at least in my version of Rev 3.5

Hope this helps in your travels.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas

Jim,

Thanks for this. I tried this, hoping for the same insight you discovered, but I don't see anything in the custom property set.

Are you looking at the dgProps of the data grid group?

Jim