On Mar 25, 2010, at 2:56 PM, Andre Garzia wrote:

John,

check the allowed hosts on your control panel, add the % wildcard there.

Cheers
andre
PS: Power grid failure over here, working on batts, sorry for the hushed
reply

This is in fact what I have done on my MySQL account to make db's accessible from outside my on-rev domain. Beyond that, the advice from Sarah, Andre, Kay, and Jim is valuable with regard to security issues.

BTW, it's not obvious from the on-rev CPanel where to make the change to the allowed hosts. Under Databases click Remote MySQL. There you can add specific allowed IP addresses, DNS names, or the '%' wildcard.

Devin

Devin Asay
Brigham Young University