On May 11, 2010, at 3:27 PM, Douglas wrote:

Hang on, you just happened to throw in that you ALSO want to do processing with the lines that you just asked to be deleted! It seems silly to go through the deletion when you are going to have to go through the whole search over again.

Surely it would have been better to sort the data into separate variables or even arrays rather than deleting in the first place? This would keep the data separate for secondary processing and if referenced in array could also hold references to the original placing in the source file/variable if required.