make a check box button
on mouseup
  callMyStackScriptTimer
end mouseUp

on callMyStackScriptTimer waitSecs
  if waitSecs is empty then put 10 into waitSecs
  if the hilight of btn "timerStatus" is true then
      -- do these commands
      send "callMyStackScriptTimer" in waitSecs seconds
   end if
end callMyStackScriptTimer

--now the script can be called by different routines
--setting the hilight of the check box will stop any 'send in' calls
--obviously, if your mouseup turns off the check box, the loop will skip the tasks

This is just one way of accomplishing the task.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas