'tab' is a keyword, but not a command , 'return' is a command in a function and will be a different color

'space' and 'tab' should be the same color, just as 'comma'.

Try the simple 'replace tab with space in var
------
get the clipboardData["text"]
replace tab with space in IT
set the clipboardData["text"] to IT
------
       since replaceText is expecting a regEx string.
I think you need to escape the tab char for the string to work