On 11/17/10 5:51 PM, Sivakatirswami wrote:
goal:

I would to put help info in custom props and then call these
automatically into display as the user pass his mouse over controls (on
a preferences card)

I have a stack that does that, but it doesn't use behaviors. I just put this into the card:

on mouseEnter
  put the cTip of the target into tTip
  if tTip <> "" then
    set the htmltext of fld "helptext" to tTip
  end if
  pass mouseEnter
end mouseEnter

on mouseLeave
  put "" into fld "helptext" -- or hide the fld
  pass mouseLeave
end mouseLeave

Only those objects that have a cTip property will do anything. I just add help text to anything that needs it. I don't think I'd use "mouseWithin", it will trigger repeatedly.