A repeat loop is fine, but you need to take some steps to make it work right. There's a working example of this in the Star Battle game I wrote. Use this in the message box to take a look:

go stack url "http://www.inspiredlogic.com/rev/starbattle.rev";

On Sunday, October 19, 2003, at 06:43 AM, Mike Brown wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I am scripting a simple animated game. An object moves across the stack
driven by commands within a repeat loop. I want to change variables within
the repeat loop when the user selects one of the arrow keys (up, down, left,
right). Basically, as the object moves across the screen, it's direction
can be changed by selecting the arrow key.

Is the use of a repeat loop for this incorrect or is there a way to insert
condition changes into the loop?

regards,

Geoff Canyon