Trevor DeVore wrote:

On Mar 8, 2004, at 9:57 PM, Scott Rossi wrote:

It appears that even with traversalOn set to false, QT players respond to
the press of the spacebar (at least on OSX).  Might there be some way to
disable this?

I've tried employing a keyDown handler in the stack, card, and front scripts
to intercept the spacebar press, none of which prevents the player from
responding to the spacebar. Is this control too deep within QT to
intercept?

I've seen this behavior too. QT movies in Rev will pick up keyboard events even when my Rev app isn't in front. I *think* there is a QT API call which disables keyboard control of a Movie Controller which is what a player object in Revolution is when it loads a QT movie.

If I can find the call I could add it to the QT external.

It would be even more useful in the engine. Is this Bugzilla'd?

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Media Corporation