Dan,

Ok, one final correction.

That should be
on closeStackRequest

not shutdownRequest (which does not work properly).

Also a few refinements to the handler

on closeStackRequest
     Answer "Save stack first" with "No" or "Yes"
     --creates a dialog with yes as default answer
    If it is "Yes" then
          save this stack
           exit
   Else
       exit
   End if
end  closeStackRequest

You piqued my curiosity, so I put together a very simple address book stack to test this method and it works fine. Email me off list if you would like me to email you the Address Book Demo I put together along with the uncompiled version of the starter standalone (when compiled to standalone it becomes 3.4 meg in size).

Marian