Judy, that's just not fair. Richard is not Runrev, so who's left to 'receive' the rant/message if it's not personal? Is this a passive/aggressive thing?

Richard was trying to solve a congestion problem for this list - and I agree with him that this 'geeky' list does exactly what it is supposed to do. Most of us are NOT stockholders, and we can't tell RR how to run their business. And finally threads about how to change their core business model was getting tedious and boring, to most of us. I barely have time to read the list as it is... I think Richard's suggestion was totally appropriate.

sqb

But, Richard,

(and, this isn't personal, against you. or anyone else) but:

This, in turn, really does mean:

Piss off! We don't want to deal with you.  Please go shout into the
canyons.  We don't want to hear from you.  We only want to hear how to
solve _our_ specific, geeky, programming-only queries.

Piss off again.

If you have to ask "why" then you don't belong here.

If you have to ask "why not", then you REALLY don't belong here.

Posting a URL to a spit-in-the-wind forum really does mean all of the
above.

Part of 'using' (in terms of the use-list) Rev really does encompass why
what's there isn't useful.

This isn't personal...  Really.  I don't think that you've offered the URL
in the spirit I've outlined above, but I can outline why that might be how
it's taken.

Judy