I downloaded geronimo-tomcat7-javaee6-3.0.1-bin.tar.gz and unpacked it into a
directory on a VM running CentOS 6.  In the bin directory, I ran ./geronimo
run and the service came up just fine.  The CentOS VM is running in a
VirtualBox VM and is configured with NatNetwork with port forwarding for
port 8090 on localhost to point to the same port on the NatNetwork IP of the
CentOS server.  (Note that I have PortOffset=10 in
var/config/config-substitutions.properties.)  In a browser on the host
machine, I go to http://localhost:8090/ and the Geronimo home page comes up
just fine.  However, after clicking on "Console" in the menu on the left, I
get an Embedded Tomcat 403 error, "description: Access to the specified
resource has been forbidden."  My Google searches returned results for
others who get this error after trying to log into the console.  But, in my
case, I never get the login screen to log into the console.  I get it
immediately after clicking the console link.

I did all of this while logged in as "root" in case that is an issue.  I
didn't see anything in the directions that said not to be logged in as
"root" when setting this up.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can offer.

-Mike

--
Sent from: http://apache-geronimo.328035.n3.nabble.com/Users-f328036.html