>>>>> Francois Papon <francois.pa...@openobject.fr>:

> Why not using Jib?

> https://github.com/GoogleContainerTools/jib/tree/master

Unless I'm very mistaken that doesn't do what I want to do.

Jib looks like it is for containering a Java application?

What I'm doing is something different:
 1. I start out with a standard karaf image
 2. Then I create a Dockerfile that replaces the
    org.apache.karaf.features.cfg file with a file that
     a. has the applications feature repository added to featuresRepositories
     b, adds the application's feature to featuresBoot

So I provision the application using maven and use LATEST, which means I
don't have to update the image when the application is updated, I just
restart the docker image and it pulls the latest version of the app from
maven.

That is: I will have to update the image when the world has changed too
much (what fails right now is that OSGi 6 can't run OSGi 8 applications,
and I can see that the Java version I'm building with can be an issue).

I'm trying to create a new docker image for sonar-collector right now,
but that is the first time in two years (I don't use the docker image
myself, but apparently someone else did and ran into trouble recently).