> According to http://struts.apache.org/docs/s2-026.html :
>  Support for expression using top will be dropped in upcoming Struts version
> 2.5!
> We used the top object in lots of jsp pages as below (which shows a list of
> currencyTypes and look up the name from struts messages):<s:select name =
> "selectedCurrencyType"
>           list = "currencyTypes"
>        listKey = "top"
>      listValue = "%{getText('acc.currencyType.'+top)}" />It currently works
> with struts 2.3.24.1 but according to above comment, will above select box
> works for 2.5, or we will not have the top reference any more?! If this is
> true, please let me know how should we fix above select?!

That's the idea. The "top" object should be used only internally, by
Struts tags and they're already using it, ie. <s:property/>. That
being said we will need to find a way to keep them working and allow
users to migrate. There is no clear plan now, but I'm working on some
solution to eliminate my issue: remote code execution. Maybe it will
be possible to keep the "top" object.

Regards
--
Ɓukasz