hi,
  if you look at my code in the service class i have written a synchronized
block. what i am asking is, whether my code does the synchronization
properly or does it have to be changed?

I know that struts2 creates a new action class per thread. so there is
every possibility that two threads can execute the same service layer
method at a time. I want to avoid that so i have written synchronized block
in my service class as shown in my first post.

*Thanks and Regards,*
Muralidhar Yaragalla.

*http://yaragalla.blogspot.in/ <http://yaragalla.blogspot.in/>*