This is a good idea. I will post to the security group.

Am 10.01.2024 um 12:22 schrieb Lukasz Lenart:
Hi Sebastian,

To be honest I have no idea why this triggers any alert. The vulnerability targets Tiles 2.0 [1] while Struts (even before merging the codebase) is using Tiles 3 which shouldn't be affected. This could be an issue of false positive alert in OWASP. Also the vulnerability report looks suspicious as it mentions of manipulating the session attribute DefaultLocaleResolver.LOCALE_KEY by a user - based on the tiles-test example [2] I can say it's a developer fault not a library vulnerability, report is invalid IMO.

We can move this discussion to security@struts.a.o to get support from ASF Security gurus.

[1] https://lists.apache.org/thread/8ktm4vxr6vvc1qsxh6ft8jzmom1zl65p
[2] https://github.com/apache/tiles/blob/TILES_2_1_X/tiles-test/src/main/java/org/apache/tiles/test/servlet/SelectLocaleServlet.java#L81-L102

Cheers