On 11/22/05, Wendy Smoak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 11/22/05, Rahul Akolkar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On 11/22/05, Nick Sophinos <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > This is definitely not how JSTL recommends loading bundles (see
> > fmt:bundle and fmt:setBundle). Ofcourse, its your decision.
>
> Can you explain more about this?
<snip/>

Ofcourse. I think Frank also asked a similar question, though the top
posting in that email might have thrown me off.

>  I'm also using the context
> parameter, and I only have the one .properties file, the app has no
> need for i18n.

<snap/>

It boils down to what a technology *expects* the casual users to know.
The param-name is merely an implementation detail (though the spec
talks about it so its guaranteed to be the same name in all JSTL
impls). Its similar to the casual user not needing to know that a
Struts module is "loaded" under the attribute name Globals.MODULE_KEY
+ prefix.

In addition, as you've noted, this approach mandates the app use a
single basename bundle.

> It looks like fmt:setBundle would be done on each page, so I'm not
> sure what I'd gain from it.

<snip/>

Why on every page?

-Rahul