The Struts framework "stands on the shoulders of giants". To use
Struts well, it's important to have a good grasp of the fundamentals.
Start with the Key Technologies primer

* http://struts.apache.org/primer.html

and then branch to either the Struts 1 or Struts 2 documentation

* http://struts.apache.org/1.x/index.html

* http://struts.apache.org/2.x/index.html

The Struts 2 documentation is maintained as a wiki, but don't let that
stop you from scrolling through it. We have organized the wiki so that
it can be read like a book, cover to cover. Just keep following the
Next links.

For Struts 1, the most up to date book would be Struts: The Complete Reference.

* http://opensource.atlassian.com/confluence/oss/display/BOOKS/ISBN-0072231319

I'm also a fan of Struts for Dummies.

* http://opensource.atlassian.com/confluence/oss/display/BOOKS/ISBN-0764559575

For Struts 2, WebWork in Action is definitely worth the investment for
any Struts 2 developer. (I can say that since I had nothing to do with
the book!)

* http://opensource.atlassian.com/confluence/oss/display/BOOKS/ISBN-1932394532

There are a number of other online tutorials for Struts 2 listed in
the Tutorial section.

* http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/tutorials.html#Tutorials-OtherResources

HTH, Ted
<http://www.husted.com/ted/blog/>