On 29/04/2013 15:42, Jesse van Bekkum wrote:
Hi Francesco

Thanks for your help. There was one small issue with your example, since on user creation you do not have a usermod on the execution yet. But that was easily fixed.

I have used the following code and rule in my workflow to get this working. Might I suggest that we use this in the standard deployment of Syncope? I think that provisioning via the workflow is functionality that should be included out of the box. The version I made is parameterized via the workflow (description of usage is included) so it is not specific to my project.

Jesse,
this sounds like a nice extension: why don't you report it in a wiki page under [2]?

You need to:
 1. complete and submit an ICLA [3]
2. create a wiki user (if not already done) and tell me the username so that I can grant you write access to the wiki

WDYT?

Regards.

import org.activiti.engine.delegate.DelegateExecution;
import org.activiti.engine.delegate.Expression;
import org.apache.syncope.client.mod.UserMod;
import org.apache.syncope.core.persistence.beans.user.SyncopeUser;
import org.apache.syncope.core.propagation.PropagationByResource;
import org.apache.syncope.core.workflow.ActivitiUserWorkflowAdapter;
import org.apache.syncope.core.workflow.WorkflowException;
import org.apache.syncope.core.workflow.activiti.AbstractActivitiDelegate;
import org.slf4j.Logger;
import org.slf4j.LoggerFactory;

/**
* This workflow service task allows to provision a resource to a user from the workflow.
 *
 * Use the following code in the workflow:
 *
 *          <serviceTask id="addResource" name="Add Resource"
activiti:class="org.apache.syncope.core.workflow.activiti.ProvisionResources">
                <extensionElements>
<activiti:field name="resource" stringValue="%%YOUR_RESOURCE%%"/>
                </extensionElements>
            </serviceTask>
 */
public class ProvisionResources extends AbstractActivitiDelegate {

protected static final Logger LOG = LoggerFactory.getLogger(ProvisionResources.class);

    private Expression resource;

    public void setResource(Expression resource) {
        this.resource = resource;
    }

    @Override
protected void doExecute(DelegateExecution execution) throws Exception {
        String resourceName = (String) resource.getValue(execution);

        if (resourceName == null || resourceName.isEmpty()) {
throw new WorkflowException(new IllegalStateException("Please specify a resource"));
        }

SyncopeUser user = (SyncopeUser) execution.getVariable(ActivitiUserWorkflowAdapter.SYNCOPE_USER); UserMod userMod = (UserMod) execution.getVariable(ActivitiUserWorkflowAdapter.USER_MOD);
        if (userMod == null) {
            userMod = new UserMod();
        }

        userMod.addResourceToBeAdded(resourceName);

        // update SyncopeUser
PropagationByResource propByRes = dataBinder.update(user, userMod);

        // report updated user and propagation by resource as result
execution.setVariable(ActivitiUserWorkflowAdapter.SYNCOPE_USER, user);
execution.setVariable(ActivitiUserWorkflowAdapter.PROP_BY_RESOURCE, propByRes);

    }
}