Of course.  But are you asking this for a .NET or Java project?

The other thing you can do is write an encoded/encrypted serializer that
converts an XML file into some encoded form, then your app can decode it
upon reading it in (tie it to a signed license key perhaps, to make it
difficult for your customers to share the XML file contents).

But remember, this won't protect against anyone who knows what they're
doing.   It will only protect against casual browsing and accidental
editing.

If you're QA department would like to see a demonstration of extracting the
SQL from a JAR or DLL, even if it's embedded in a class file, I'm sure
anyone on this list would be happy to show them.

Clinton