> BTW Realman makes the whole discussion about Booleans futile: I suppose
> it's much more flexible in this area than plain VSL! Time to finally learn
> it, no more excuses. I always assumed VSL was powerful enough, but a
> little bit more power couldn't hurt ;)

  Also worth considering might be RPL . We still have RPL in V5 , and I'm
sure you have the RS manual's documentation on RPL , and I remember you
having some RPL knowledge as well . As I was saying recently , the "Eval"
word in RPL , and all RPL's many boolean options might open up all kinds of
elaborate programing that can be passed to the mesh , or maybe even into
the VSL pipeline .

I spent a lot of time learning RPL for V3 but all of that is 99% useless now since V4 was rewritten from the ground up and its structure has changed completely. BTW yeah, 'Eval' was a powerful command!

Realman is a must however. (and based on C, less obscure although I like RPL's Reverse Polish Notation!)

-Mark H