> Hi Andreas :
>
>   Hey , how about we get together and ask Vesa for a batch
> obj loader , and a script that will render only the .obj
> that corresponds to the current frame ( 001.obj for frame
> number one) ?
>
>    I'll do the tute' if we can find a way to make it work .
> I know Blender already has the export script (I have it if
> you don't already have it) .
>
>   I think it would be very cool to combine the best of these
> 2 cutting edge 3D programs , but even with the efforts of ad-
> vanced users over at the RS Forum trying to make it work , no
> luck so far ...

Hi Garry,

now that's a good idea. I just think that Vesa don't have enough time to
develop a batch loader. The obj exporter is an integrated part of Blender,
so yes, this part of the task is no problem. :)

I see another issue with the textures. Imagine you've to texture the
object(s) in a more or less huge set of single scenes. Even when they are
imported into RS already, that would be a bunch of work. So a really smart
software would be able to read out the material definitions of the initial
scene in RS and should be able to assign it to all other converted R3D
files. To do something like that you need to have a deep understanding of
Realsofts file format, but I think it is possible.

Regards,
Andreas