Hi,

  However , I always trusted the "Reset View to Native
State" button to help me find my way back to 'World View'
From that state I do _all_ my scene modeling , since I
assumed this was my "Fail Safe" button .

It is:)

 What must a user do to properly align their Startup
projects (or any project) to World Space when modeling ?
(a "drag & drop" method , I would guess?)

When you model the sphere, just take an exact front/side/top view. Next, when drawing the sphere's radius point, hold the shift key down and move the mouse approximately sideways. Shift lock helps to find the exact x azis.

You can use grid snapping as well.

Best regards,

Vesa