Well, to make such a structure I usually just use tha macro function. I make a step, select it and then turn on macro recording, copy and paste the step, rotate it and move it down a bit. Then stop macro recording and hit "execute macro" until I have all the steps I need. I don't really need a script for this.

Regards,
Fredrik Bergholtz