From: Arjo Rozendaal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 2006/12/14 Thu AM 06:40:29 CST
To: Reallist <user-list@light.realsoft3d.com>
Subject: noisefree hair is possible!

Hi,

Never give up too soon ;)
I found a possibility to create a noisefree hair animation.
Instead of raytraced hair I used scanline rendering for the nurbs.
The reaction on lightsources is somewhat different but lighting could be
adjusted of course.
I guess the main reason is that scanline hair doesn't render a rounding but
shows a flat shaded line.
In order to get raytraced hair with shadow it would be nice if it was
possible to render such flat shaded hair.
Would it be possible to have normal shading in V direction (for color
purposes) and a flat shading in U direction to get such flat hairs?
Of course one could use a duplicate with camera invisible, but with many
hairs that's not the nicest solution.

www.xs4all.nl/~joly/temp/hairtest6.avi

Arjo.