To: <user-list@light.realsoft3d.com>
Sent: Sunday, April 08, 2007 5:20 AM
Subject: Re: RS animated Character walks on a DA controlled NurbsCurve...

I do not gave up ;-) (is gave correct?)
It's the non-linear workflow, and the particle effects
in Houdini.

OK , my mistake .
RS was and is a great piece of software in my opinion,
and even if you don't like it Garry ;-),

 I don't like Realsoft3D ? Ya , nice try .

 How (and more importantly - why ?) did you manage to
twist my words around and come up with that conclusion ?
 I use RS exclusively . Not Maya or Blender or Houdini
or Lightwave or Max or WCS or messiah ... (still waiting
for Terragen2) .
I'm probably the most active person in this community
(not hard to be , considering it is mostly dead) . I
am one of the very-very few who take time to write the
tutorials about the stuff I am doing , so that others
can also try new things .

... but you think I'm doing that because I don't like
RS ? I'm testing and one of the "less than 1%" that are
sharing their renderings and animations here and in the
forum .

 I'm sticking my neck way out and bringing attention to
the points in RS that are lacking (like not even mention-
ing the 'Morphing Method' in the user manual), and you
think I'm doing these things because I don't like RS ?
 I'll give you zero points for your powers of observa-
tion , but 10 points for your unfounded flame-bait com-
ments .

It's almost a slam-dunk that I have to repeat myself 3
times in order to get simple points across , but please
let's not start putting words in my mouth too .

 I do continually point out bugs , flaws and areas for
possible improvement considerations . I do mention over
and over how the community is 95% asleep .

I do remind the keepers of the secrets that the tutorial
that they've been promising for years now , still hasn't
been written , but that does not mean I do not like RS .

 I would love to know how you managed to jump to that
conclusion .

I do not plan a runaway from RS.
Matthias

 What ? You're building a runway using RS ?

brutal

studio

  Don't feel bad ... nobody can ! Apparently even Matthias
Kappenberg has given up and gone to Houdini in an effort
to create solid & smooth character choreography's .

  I think the tools are here in RS now , but we may be a
plugin or 2 and a series of tutorials away from _easily_
creating character anims with V5.x .

  Maybe V6 will get us a bit closer .

studio