1) One of the things I bitched about for years was the default
   mesh resolution on SDS rectangle objects . If this doesn't
   help to confuse the new user , nothing will .

2) Windows selection convention is  "Shift-Select" to select
   a list of objects , "Control-Select" to multi-select indi-
   vidual objects . For some unknown reason , RS is backwards .

  Also , select a list of 3D objects , then quickly try to un-
  select one of them . Into the manual we go ...

3) I changed the default 'File Save' window size ...

  (File/preferences/Classes/Graphical user Interface/Window/
  /Drop Target Window/Main Window/Thumbnail Width-height)

   But when I use it , it still opens as the default tiny
   size , until I click in the 'Thumbnail' area , and then
   it does expand to the larger size I've set it to .

studio