I followed your instructions but it does work for me.
Well when the attached picture shows what you want to achieve.
But I don't have version 6.1.3 around. Betatesting continues....
Otherwise send me your file to see what it looks like overhere.
Arjo.

Hi :

 Yes , same here . I asked how to fill the mapping rectangle
with the smaller squares , not just fill the upper left-corner .

 Same when a user tries to isolate a procedural mapping
to certain areas of a ...

1) Cylinder
2) Sphere
3) Cone
4) Cube
5) Etc

No isolated mapping of the Procedural textures , that I can find .

 If a user checks 'Finite X' & 'Finite Y' , the 'Width' , 'Height'
'Depth' fields no longer work , but the 'Scale' field does , sort
of , but not the way one would like it to .

 Finite Mapping does offer a "stripe" , as a result , but that's
about it .
 I would think 'Finite' would mean , "do not tile it , but limit
it to this area" . 'Scale' , would then mean : "limit it to this
area , but scale it (inside this area)" .
thanks

garry

Well , unless I'm doing this wrong , somethings not right here .
Tried various analytic mappings and they all seem to have the
same results with this problem .
1) Create an SDS Rectangle
2) Map a Parallel 'Checkers' texture to the center area of the
rectangle
3) Re-size the checkers by changing the 'Scale' field to : .2 .2 .2
4) Limit the mapping to just that area by clicking 'Finite X' & 'Finite
Y'
Obviously this doesn't work .
I hate to ask , but what's the workaround ?
studio