My point was that it needs another option control
added in order to maintain a certain consistency .

Hi Garry,
Maybe you should investigate names like Catmull and Clark, before
complaining about SDS objects.

2 questions :

1) Why must you always talk to me like I'm the dummy ?
2) Why must I always repeat myself ?

You could find them in the Wikipedia for instance.
This might help to understand SDS objects better.

 The concept is simple . The Realsoft application of that
concept seems (to me) a very nice , compact approach .

 What I have been addressing is a sub-topic of that approach,
the texturing of SDS objects . Still , years later, this area
is very rough around the edges and could use refinements .

Everything has its price. When you want the benefits of a low poly control
cage with a smooth hi poly model as your final object, you'll have to deal
with certain characteristics.
Arjo.

 This is exactly the attitude that plagues this community . If
the small inexactitudes I've discovered , were pointed out years
ago , they would have been remedied out by now .

 Many of the "pain in the ass" nuisances that you guys have
chosen to ignore , are still there biting new users in the butt .

 Take this idiotic tendency , one step further , and we have
advanced users , still choosing to ignore bogus interface
glitches to the point of "grabbing for straws" to defend them .

 Sorry , but if I see something out of place , I'll point it
out . If RS chooses to leave duly noted inconsistencies in the
program , so be it , ... who cares ?

 However , if someone new comes along and makes suggestions
for a higher performance methodology , I don't think I'll be
telling him he doesn't know what he's talking about .

 In fact , I might go crazy and actually post a mail saying
something like , "yes , I noticed that myself" .

garry