Hi Mark, Henrik and Lee

Hope more people will get back to using GI in Realsoft again soon as it is
better in V6.  Reflections are improved so not quite so many loops to jump
through to get a decent image.

I thought I would attach this test scene I am still working on as it shows
the bigger picture of what brought about the artifact discussed yesterday
(now gone of course). It's a little dark at the mo, but I kind of like it so
far.

The car model is not mine, it's from the Dosch collection, but at least I
managed to import something via sds plus plugin (Ronnie's plug in):)
Obviously had to set all the shaders, but looks ok so far.

Remember now in v6, the recursion level in the rendering settings defines
the light ray bounces effectively, so better GI can be achieved in your
scenes.  This scene had a recursion of 6.  Rendered at 3000 pix wide, scale
0.5 on a quad in 2hrs 12 mins.

The only lights in the scene was a fill distant light at a very low
intensity of 0.06 to initiate the shaders, the rest is illuminated by a
single analytical cube imitating a light box above the car set to an
illumination value of 1.8 1.8 1.7.  That's it, the rest of the scene is as
you see.  No other clever tricks.  I do like to set the camera flashlight
very low also at '0.04 0.04 0.04'.  Gi shader ray count was 6 and GI blur at
level 6 and threshold 26.  GI blur reflection at default.

Have a nice weekend everyone.

Regards

Jason