1-Convert everything to subdivision (if needed, refine the mesh a little before exporting ("Smooth" button), because crease/point tension won't export)

2-Then burn the UV to the vertex of the mesh.

3-Export to .obj (I recommend only a single object per file : every object that require a different material or texture should be exported separately)

4-Everything else won't export correctly, so don't bother trying.

The best file format for now is the .obj : the format is in plain text so it's easy to read and debug.
You will try many options to succeed, but once you find the magic recipe (work flow) it will go faster.

Good luck!

Jean-Sebastien Perron
www.NeuroWorld.ws