Too late, I decided to do it manually.
I had also problems with bones.
And I am not telling you about the many anomalies with Instances and the many objects that have moved or distorted by themselves without me doing anything. RS behavior is so unpredictable, it's difficult to plan a deadline for commercial project.
But theses problems have been there since version4-5-6 windows.

Every times I want to do something I have to ask on the list how to do it because it's not working as it should.

So I am not using choregraphy with an animated controller and I am no using bones either.

It's sad that so many RS users are asking for new features while the basic functions are still not working as they should. RS8 could have half the features of RS7 but half fully working and I would be happy. Am I the only one actually using RS (flame bait : )? Why are you not asking for the features already there to be more reliable or actually working?

Did I told you about the Japanese 3D animation software Shade by expression tools now www.e-frontier.co.jp ? In 5 years of use, it only bug/crashed once. Was not the most feature packed software, but it was working as expected and the features were working always every times.

This was the last time I animate with RS, after that I will use my own software. I did not trust CombadZ yet for that project with a short deadline 2-3 weeks for 3 minutes.

I am disappointed that my last experience with RS for animation was a nightmare. I expected it to be like a goodbye kiss, instead it felt more like a kick in the balls.

Jean-Sebastien Perron
www.NeuroWorld.ws