On Sunday 27 November 2005 22:41, Rob Landley wrote:
> On Sunday 27 November 2005 13:20, Blaisorblade wrote:

> *shrug*  The same argument could be made about any other argument that
> mount interprets.  (Currently: loop, defaults, noauto, ro, rw, nosuid,
> suid, dev, nodev, exec, noexec, sync, async, remount, atime, noatime,
> diratime, nodiratime, bind, move, and rbind.)

No, it's not the same story. What keeps both pieces together is mount being a
de-facto standard.

Any fs coder who takes one of that as an fs option will have his head lopped
at the very moment he does it.

So, start making busybox mount incompatible with util-linux mount (I mean for
features, not for "undefined behaviour" situations) and you'll break stuff.

( I didn't know about diratime... )

--
Inform me of my mistakes, so I can keep imitating Homer Simpson's "Doh!".
Paolo Giarrusso, aka Blaisorblade (Skype ID "PaoloGiarrusso", ICQ 215621894)