On Thursday 19 January 2006 00:38, Jeff Dike wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 18, 2006 at 08:53:29PM +0100, Blaisorblade wrote:
> > I looked at my patch's comment and noticed that arch_copy_tls, your
> > introduction, shouldn't indeed be needed, because dup_task_struct should
> > do that (it copies the whole task_struct, and it seems that arch_thread
> > is included in that blob rather than pointed too).
> >
> > I'm fairly puzzled at that. Have you any idea on this?

> I wondered about that, too, but hadn't bothered looking into it yet.  I'm
> suspicious that we initialize p.thread with INIT_THREAD, which would
> obviously wipe it out.

> > Also, since you have a good test FS (Fedora), can I send you the updated
> > versions I put out / can you test them? My Sarge isn't good any more,
> > likely because glibc was updated by apt-get, and it works well with the
> > LDT fallback.

> I have - they are on my patches page.  I added back the
> user_desc -> modify_ldt_t thing because I don't have a user_desc here.

> Other than that

> (and the O_FORCE succeeded message),

Uff, I want to remove load_TLS(O_FORCE) from there altogether.

Could you unapply

patches/tls/uml-add-tls-support-debug-check-never-works

and verify it works correctly however? I want that to work :-) !

> it seems to be working
> fine.

> > I've just uploaded 2.6.15-bs1-tls for people to test.

> What I grabbed is what was there this morning.  If you changed anything
> significant, let me know, and I'll pull again.
Ok, don't think anything changed for now. I'm changing things however, so
please stick modification in different patches so we merge easily.
--
Inform me of my mistakes, so I can keep imitating Homer Simpson's "Doh!".
Paolo Giarrusso, aka Blaisorblade (Skype ID "PaoloGiarrusso", ICQ 215621894)